If you’re looking for ways to save your money, earn high interest and at the same time, earn a little bit more by referring your friends and family and everyone else you know LOL!) then read on. I’ll be discussing how to earn money from DiskarTech App. But first, let’s get to know DiskarTech.
What is DiskarTech?
DiskarTech is an app powered by RCBC. As we all know, RCBC is one of the most established banks in the Philippines. DiskarTech is also the first Taglish (Tagalog – English) app that lets you open a savings account, deposit and withdraw money through partner channels, buy mobile load, insurances, and more.
Since DiskarTech does not require any maintaining balance, then this is a risk-free decision for me.
Almost anyone can open an account with DiskarTech as long as you’re a Filipino Citizen and 18 years old and above. They have specifically mentioned that this is not available to US Residents or Citizens.
So, If you’re a Filipino holding US Citizenship as your second citizenship then I don’t think you’re qualified. But to be sure, contact DiskarTech to confirm this information.
What are the Features of DiskarTech?
Digital banks are new in the Philippines and I’m expecting that this list of features will just grow as months go by. But for now, here’s what you can do with DiskarTech App:
Save Money and Earn High Interest
Unlike regular banks with very low interest (usually less than 1%), DiskarTech lets you earn 3.25%. However, the maximum deposit is quite small compared to other banks.
According to their FAQ page, you can make a deposit of up to P48,000 and the interest will be credit until your balance reaches P50,000. So be sure to follow this threshold to maximize the earning potential of your money with DiskarTech.
If you’re worried about your money’s safety then worry not. DiskarTech is a Basic Deposit Account of RCBC which means your money is safely deposited at RCBC and it’s covered by PDIC insurance.
Aside from saving money, you can also use DiskarTech to pay for your bills. As of now, there are 42 billers available and I’m expecting the list to grow more in the future. The billers available in the app are:
- APEC School
- Asianlife Financial
- Bankard Inc.
- Batelec 2
- Benguet Electric Cooperative
- Caritas Financial Plans
- Caritas Health Shield
- Cignal – Mediascape
- Coco Life
- Davao Light & Power Corporation
- Equicom Savings Bank
- Eternal Plans, Inc.
- Good Hands Water Specialist Inc.
- Homemark Inc.
- ICCT Colleges
- Laguna Water Distric Aquatech Resources Corp.
- Loyola Plans Consolidated Inc.
- Malate Construction and Development Corporation
- Manila Memorial Park
- Manila Water Company
- Manulife-Chinabank Life Assurance Corp.
- Maynilad Water Services Inc (BC)
- Metrobank Card Corporation
- Pag-ibig Fund (HDMF)
- Pampanga II Electric Cooperative
- Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
- Prulife Insurance
- Royal Cablevision
- Smart – Cellular
- Subic Water
- Sun Life Financial Plans, Inc. Pre-Need
- Visayan Electric Company
Please note that Service Fee may apply when paying for billers so again, check with Diskartech just to be sure. Personally, I will only be using Diskartech as a savings account.
Buy Insurance Plans
You can also buy insurance plans via the Diskartech App. Just as a reminder before you avail of any insurance products, be sure to read the terms and conditions first. As of the time of writing, there are only 5 insurance options to choose from:
Commuters PA: Commuters PA costs P45 only and it is available to anyone age 18 – 64 years old. The coverage is for 12 months only. Here are the coverage details for Commuters PA:
- Accidental Death and Disablement: P50,000
- Public Conveyance Benefit: P50,000
- Murder and Unprovoked Assault: P50,000
- Medical Reimbursement: P2,500
Dengue Cash: This costs P300 only and it is available to anyone age 18 – 64 years old. The coverage is for 12 months only. Here are the coverage details for Dengue Cash:
- Accidental Death and Total Permanent Disability: P10,000
- Dengue Cash Assistance: P10,000
Ridesafe 20K: This costs P20 only and it is available to anyone age 18 – 70 years old. The coverage is for 6 months only. Here are the coverage details for Ridesafe 20K:
- Accidental Death: P20,000
- Total Permanent Disability: P20,000
- Disablement or Dismemberment: up to P20,000 (Note that this is subject to schedule of benefits relative to extent of injury)
- Burial Expense Benefit: P2,000
Ridesafe 50K: This is a level-up version of Ridesafe 20K. This costs P50 only and it is available to anyone age 18 – 70 years old. The coverage is for 6 months only. Here are the coverage details for Ridesafe 50K:
- Accidental Death: P50,000
- Total Permanent Disability: P50,000
- Disablement or Dismemberment: up to P50,000 (Note that this is subject to the schedule of benefits relative to extent of injury)
- Burial Expense Benefit: P5,000
Super PA: This is probably the option with the most coverage. This costs P100 only and it is available to anyone age 18 – 64 years old. The coverage is for 12 months only. Here are the coverage details for Super PA:
- Accidental Death: P20,000
- Total Permanent Disability (accidental cost): P20,000
- Disablement or Dismemberment (accidental cost): up to P20,000 (Note that this is subject to the schedule of benefits relative to extent of the injury)
- Burial Expense Benefit (following accidental death): P10,000
- Murder and Unprovoked Assault (Subject to Geographical Exclusions): P10,000
- Medical Assistance (accidental injuries) up to P1,500
- Daily Hospitalization Benefit (due to accident & sickness) P250/day (Subject to maximum 5 days per confinement and 20 days annual aggregate)
Again, please note that this information is subject to change so be sure to check your Disrtech App for the terms & conditions before availing of any of these insurance products.
Avail Telemedicine Service
Telemedicine is not yet common in the Philippines but it’s a growing industry in the country especially now during the pandemic when physical distancing is encouraged. There’s only one option in the app and that is the iDOc Telemedicine Package.
Buy Load or E-Pins
You can also top-up your mobile prepaid service using the Diskarrtech app.
Refer People and Earn Money
You can earn P30 per referral as long as they successfully verified their account. The maximum amount that you can earn is P30,000 per month. The referred person will also get P10 incentive when they register using the NegosyanTech Referral Code.
How to Sign-up with DiscarTech App
Signing-up with DiskarTech and easy and fast. Here’s what you have to do:
- From your Google Playstore, search for DiskarTech and download the app.
- Once the app has been downloaded, create a username and password
- Provide a NegosyanTech referral code if you have one. If you wish to use mine, it’s ABCR5036 (Thanks!) Again, this is not a requirement and you may skip this process. Using my NegosyanTech code will make me earn P30 as you become my referral and in return, you will also earn P10 once you have successfully verified your account.
- Type in your mobile number and wait for the One-time Pin (OTP)
- You may also opt for the optional fingerprint sign-in or you may skip this step. I did activate this option to speed-up my login process on the DiskarTech app.
- You may set a goal or you may also skip this step. Personally, I skipped this as I don’t have a goal for this savings account yet aside from saving the maximum allowed deposit to earn interest!
How to Verify your Account in DiskarTech App
Verifying your account with DiskarTech is a crucial step that you should not skip especially if you want to earn money from DiskarTech App. Only verified accounts are allowed to do so. Here’s how to verify your account in DiskarTech.
- Tap “I-verify ang DiskarTech account.”
- Type in your personal information, address, and other required details.
- Tap “Susunod” to the terms and conditions to continue.
- Choose the valid ID you prefer to use and tap “Go, Ituloy na!”
- Follow the on-screen instructions when taking a picture of your valid ID and taking a selfie.
- Wait for a few minutes for your account to be verified.
How to Earn Money from DiskarTech App
There are two ways to earn money from DiskarTech App. The first one is obviously through the 3.25% interest that your money will earn. The second way to earn money from DiskarTech App is through their referral program which is called the NegosyanTech Referral Program.
Again, just as I have mentioned above, you can earn P30 for every successfully verified referral accounts. To start referring, all you have to do is:
- Click on the “Account” icon which you can find at the bottom of your app
- Click on “Mag-invite ng friends sa DiskarTech”
- Copy your referral code and share it with your family and friends
- Be sure to remind them to type in your referral code when they are signing up to ensure that you get the P30 referral fee and they get the P10 incentive on their account.
How to Deposit Money to your DiskarTech Account
As of the time of writing, you can’t make deposits via RCBC banks, however, you can make deposits via the following partners (billers convenience fee may apply):
- Bayad Center
- CVM Pawnshops
- H Lhuiller
- RD Pawnshop
- Tambunting Pawnshop
The minimum deposit is P200 and the maximum is P25,000 per transaction. Please note that you can only make two transactions per day. You also have to wait 15 minutes from the time you completed your first transaction before you make the second one.
How to Withdraw Money from your DiskarTech Account
You can make withdrawals via Bayad Centers (don’t forget to bring a valid ID) or, you can make a cardless withdrawal via RCBC ATMs. I think, for those who are living in the cities, this is the most convenient way to go.
A step by step process is also available on the app to guide you on how to do this.
How to Transfer Money from your DiskarTech Account
You can transfer money to another DiskarTech account, an RCBC account, or to other banks and mobile wallets. As of the time of writing, you can only transfer to the following banks and mobile wallets (please note that service fees may apply):
- Allbank (A Thrift Bank), Inc.
- Asia United Bank Corporation
- Bangko Mabuhay (A Rural Bank), Inc.
- Bank of Commerce
- BDO NEtwork Bank
- BDO Unibank, Inc.
- BPI Direct Banko, Inc. A Savings Bank
- BPI or BPI Family Bank
- Card Bank Inc.
- Cebuana Lhuiller Rural Bank, Inc.
- China Bank Savings, Inc.
- China Banking Corporation
- CTBC Bank (Philippines) Corporation
- DCPay Philippinh Inc. (Coins.Ph)
- Development Bank of the Philippines
- Dungganon Bank (A Microfinance Rural Bank), Inc.
- East West Banking Corporation
- East West Rural Bank, Inc.
- G-Exchange, Inc
- ING Bank N.V.
- Isla Bank (A Thrift Bank), Inc.
- Land Bank of the Philippines
- Malayan Bank Savings and Mortgage Bank, Inc.
- Maybank Philippines, Inc.
- Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company
- Omnipay, Inc.
- Partner Rural Bank (Cotabato), Inc.
- Paymaya Philippines, Inc.
- Philippine Bank of Communications
- Philippine Business Bank, Inc., A Savings Bank
- Philippine National Bank
- Philippine Savings Bank
- Philippine Trust Company
- Philippine Veterans Bank
- Quezon Capital Rural Bank, Inc.
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation
- Robinsons Bank Corporation
- Rural Bank of Guinobata, Inc.
- Security Bank Corporation
- Sterling Bank of Asia, Inc., A Savings Bank
- Sun Savings Bank, Inc.
- UCPB Savings Bank, Inc.
- Union Bank of the Philippines
- United Coconut Planters Bank
- Wealth Development Bank Corporation
DiskarTech faces heavy competition against other digital banks such as CIMB and ING. However, it sets itself apart by making its app very easy to use for everyone. Their commitment to serving a wider range of customers is proven by making a Taglish (Tagalog- English) app. They are the only Taglish banking app as of the time being which makes it very easy to understand by the majority of the population.
What I like about the app is the speed of opening and verifying an account. In just a few minutes, I was able to set-up my account. I also like the option of earning money by referring people.
Not all digital and non-digital banks have that kind of feature. Although the referral fee is not that much (GCash is at P50 and Citibank Credit Card is at P5000), the maximum monthly cap is huge – up to P30,000 per month.
I also like the cardless ATM withdrawal option as I live near an RCBC branch. This is something new for me and I have yet to try how this works.
Overall, I like DiskarTech because of its simplicity and it knows its target market very well. So far, so good. 🙂How to Earn Money from DiskarTech App Click To Tweet
Do you also have a DiskarTech app on your phone? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.