As of the time of writing, there are only three (3) Visa Infinite Cards in the Philippines. What is Visa Infinite? It is the highest-tier among all Visa cards. The other two variants of Visa cards are the standard Visa and Visa Signature.
Since it’s a rarity in our country, a lot of people I know would love to have one (including myself). In most cases, the most premium credit cards offer the most value in terms of perks and benefits. And also, since it’s a premium card, getting a Visa Infinite credit card in the Philippines is not as easy as getting the more common credit cards available in the market.
Please bear in mind though that even if Visa Infinite is the highest-tier among the Visa-branded credit cards, the features are often decided upon by the card issuer or the banks.
Having said that, you might notice a variation in the benefits offered by the three Visa Infinite credit cards.
Before you signup for a new credit card, let’s compare the existing three Visa Infinite credit cards in the Philippines and see which one is the best among the rest.
What are the available Visa Infinite Credit Cards in the Philippines?
As of the time of writing, the only available in the Philippines are:
- RCBC Bankard Visa Infinite Credit Card
- Maybank Visa Infinite Credit Card
- EastWest Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card
RCBC Bankard Visa Infinite Credit Card
RCBC Bankard Visa Infinite Card is one of the most generous cards when it comes to local airport lounge access. This card gives you and one travel companion unlimited free access to the Skyview Airport Lounge and Club Manila Lounge. This is awesome if you frequently travel locally for business or for leisure. For me, this is reason enough to avail of this card.
However, this is not the only RCBC credit card that offers this perk, so if you’re still not sure if this is the card for you, I highly suggest that you check the other available RCBC Bankard premium credit cards.
Here’s a summary of what the RCBC Visa Infinite Card offers:
- With RCBC Bankard, you can earn flexible, non-expiring Rewards points which you can exchange for AIRMILES, Cash Rebates, Shopping Vouchers, Cash Credit to your RCBC Bankard, Deposit to your RCBC deposit account, or Donation to a charitable institution.
- With this RCBC card, you can earn one point for every Php36 or Php125 from supermarkets, drugstores, or gas stations. One (1) point is equivalent to one (1) AIRMILES and three (3) AIRMILES is equivalent to one (1) Mabuhay Mile / GetGo point / Asia Miles / BIG Point. With this conversion rate, this is not the best choice among the three credit cards if your priority is accumulating miles.
- You can get a 5% rebate on straight-charge purchases at any local or international clothing and apparel retail shops. Please note that this applies to retail shops that are stand-alone stores and are not located inside a department store. And also, the maximum rebate amount per calendar year is P5,000.
- With RCBC Bankard Visa Infinite card, you get a complimentary Priority Pass™ membership. Please note that Your Priority Pass™ Membership is free. Although you will be charged US$27 per visit for availing yourself of the amenities. However, you can reverse the fee if you meet the spend requirement which is at least P70,000 or US $1,500 overseas spend (single or accumulated ).
- You and one travel companion get unlimited free access to the Skyview Airport Lounge and Club Manila Lounge. If you are a principal cardholder, you are allowed to bring a maximum of 2 guests and their lounge access will be charged on their RCBC Bankard at USD $12/ per guest.
- You also get Free Travel Insurance up to P1,000,000 and Purchase Protection when you charge all your international travel-related needs to your RCBC Bankard.
- The annual fee will cost you P3,600 which is surprisingly lower than their Visa Platinum Card.
- You also get Free-for-life Supplementary Cards (maximum of 9).
Maybank Visa Infinite Credit Card
Maybank may not be as popular as other banks in the Philippines but it’s one of the few banks where you can get a Visa Infinite Credit Card.
Here’s a summary of what the Maybank Visa Infinite Credit Card offers:
- You can earn one (1) TreatsPoints for every P25 you spend and you can redeem your TreatsPoints as cash credit or for miles.
- P500 Cash Credit is equivalent to 8,000 TreatsPoints. 1,000 Miles for PAL Mabuhay Miles, Asia Miles, Enrich Miles, and Krisflyer Miles are equivalent to 4,000 TreatsPoints. You also have to convert 2,000 TreatsPoints to 1,000 AirAsia Big Points.
- You can also get a 1% Cashback on Overseas Spend with a maximum annual cap worth P36,000 which I think is very generous in comparison with other cash back credit cards.
- With Maybank Visa Infinite Credit Card, you get to avail yourself of lounge access via Dragon Pass with a limited annual allocation which is similar to Citi PremierMiles.
- You also get complimentary and comprehensive Travel and Accident Insurance if you charge your ticket to your Maybank Visa Infinite Credit Card.
- For those who love playing golf, you also get worldwide golf privileges with access to 100 golf clubs in 23 countries. There’s not much information on their website about this so, contact Maybank for further details.
- Unlike RCBC, Maybank gives you access to the Visa Infinite Exclusive Programs such as:
- You can avail of the automatic annual fee waiver worth Php5,000 for being a loyal Maybank Premier client
EastWest Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card
This is one of the most exclusive credit cards in the Philippines and it’s only available to EastWest Priority Clients only. And to be one of their Priority Clients, there’s a certain Total Relationship Balance (TRB) that you have to maintain with the bank. The information on how much the required TRB is not available as of the time of writing. Please contact EastWest Bank to confirm this information if you’re interested in availing of this card.
Here’s a summary of what the EastWest Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card offers:
- You can earn one (1) Infinite Rewards Point for every P10 qualified spend. You can convert your Infinite Reward Points to Asia Miles, Krisflyer Miles, or Mabuhay Miles. Alternatively, you can also exchange your points for eGift Rewards and Infinite Rewards Vouchers which you can use at their partner merchants or as cash rebates.
- 1,000 Miles (Asia Miles, Krisflyer, and Mabuhay Miles) are equivalent to 4,000 Infinite Reward Points. Since you earn one point for every P10 qualified spend, this is the best choice among the three Visa Infinite cards in this article if your priority is to accumulate miles.
- You can enjoy special offers, personalized services, and access to by invitation events via the Global Visa Infinite Privileges
- With his card, you can get complimentary Priority Pass Membership. For EastWest Bank’s existing Priority Clients who meet the required minimum Total Relationship Balance, you can enjoy up to four (4) complimentary access per year.
- Aside from Priority Pass, you will also have two (2) complimentary access per year to the Marhaba Lounge at NAIA Terminal 3. Please note that the airport lounge access benefits are available to the Principal Cardholder only and existing Priority Clients who meet the required minimum Total Relationship Balance. Otherwise, if you are Supplementary Cardholders, accompanying guests, and non-Priority Clients, please be aware that you are subjected to a fee of USD27 for Priority Pass and Marhaba Lounges per person, per visit.
- Aside from the airport lounge access benefit, you and your family are also covered for up to Php20 Million with EastWest’s comprehensive travel accident and inconvenience insurance when travel tickets are purchased using your EastWest Priority Visa Infinite credit card.
- And since this is a very premium card, you also get to avail of the Global Visa Infinite Privileges such as:
- Special privileges at participating international golf clubs
- Airport Meet and Greet
- Upgrades and VIP privileges at over 900 luxury properties around the world when you book through www.visaluxuryhotels.com.
- Concierge Services
- And more!
By the way, please note that EastWest Bank mentions on its website that the Global Visa Infinite Privileges is provided for by Visa and may be subject to fees and charges. So, please read the Terms and Conditions before you avail of any Visa Infinite privileges just to be sure that you are aware of the corresponding cost if there would be any.
The Annual Membership Fees for your Principal and Supplementary EastWest Priority Visa Infinite credit cards are free if you’re a Priority Client.
Which one is the best Visa Infinite Credit Card?
In my opinion, when it comes to overall benefits and miles accumulation, EastWest Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card is the best among the three.
However, it’s also the hardest one to get if you’re not a high net-worth individual (like me). But if you can meet their required TRB, then this will be an awesome card to get.
Now, if your priority is free airport lounge access especially if you fly frequently, then RCBC Bankard Visa Infinite Credit Card is your best option since it gives you and a companion unlimited access to Skyview Airport Lounge and Club Manila Lounge.
If you frequently shop when you travel abroad, then it would be great to have the Maybank Visa Infinite Credit Card. Its cashback benefit with a high maximum annual cap on rebate which as I have said above is very generous compared to other cashback credit cards.
Final Thoughts and Some Tips Before you Sign up
Read the Terms and Conditions
Before you sign up with any of these cards, be sure to read the terms and conditions and be sure to visit the banks’ websites. This is to ensure that you have the updated information that you need.
Compare Credit Cards
Before you decide on which one to get, compare the other credit cards available in the market. Some credit cards may offer better value than others.
Be Clear on What You Need
No credit card offers everything that a single person needs. Frankly, because we have a variety of needs and our needs are ever-changing as we grow older. So before, you sign up, be clear on what you need and your priorities.
Are you more interested in cashback to save some money on your regular purchases?
Or perhaps, you travel a lot because of your work, and getting a travel credit card makes better sense for you.
Once you have identified your needs, then shortlist the credit cards that meet your criteria and then choose which one offers the best value.
Note: This post has been updated in January 30, 2022.Visa Infinite Credit Cards in the Philippines Click To Tweet
Do you own any of these cards? I’d love to hear your thoughts, tips, and recommendations.