As of the time of writing, there are only three (3) Visa Infinite Cards in the Philippines. What is Visa Infinite? It is the highest tier among all Visa cards. The other two variants of Visa cards are the standard Visa and Visa Signature.
Since it’s a rarity in our country, a lot of people I know would love to have one (including myself). In most cases, the most premium credit cards offer the most value in terms of perks and benefits. Also, since it’s a premium card, getting a Visa Infinite credit card in the Philippines is not as easy as getting the more common credit cards available in the market.
Please bear in mind though that even if Visa Infinite is the highest-tier among the Visa-branded credit cards, the features are often decided upon by the card issuer or the banks.
Having said that, you might notice a variation in the benefits offered by the three Visa Infinite credit cards.
Before you sign up for a new credit card, let’s compare the existing three Visa Infinite credit cards in the Philippines and see which one is the best among the rest.
Table of Contents
What are the available Visa Infinite Credit Cards in the Philippines?
As of the time of writing, the only available in the Philippines are:
- RCBC Bankard Visa Infinite Credit Card
- Maybank Visa Infinite Credit Card
- EastWest Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card
RCBC Bankard Visa Infinite Credit Card
RCBC Bankard Visa Infinite Card is one of the most generous cards when it comes to airport lounge access. This card gives you and one travel companion unlimited free access to free access to the PAGSS Lounge in Terminal 1&3 for the Principal cardholder plus one travel companion. This is awesome if you frequently travel locally for business or for leisure. For me, this is reason enough to avail of this card.
As of the time of writing, the are offering a welcome gift to New-to-RCBC Credit Card RCBC Visa Infinite Credit Cardholders can get 100,000 Rewards Points (“Welcome Gift”) for the combined retail spend of at least Php60,000 using their RCBC Visa Infinite Credit Card within 60 days from card delivery. Once the spend requirement is met, simply register to claim this Welcome Gift.
However, this is not the only RCBC credit card that offers this perk, so if you’re still not sure if this is the card for you, I highly suggest that you check the other available RCBC Bankard premium credit cards.
Here’s a summary of what the RCBC Visa Infinite Card offers:
- Flexible rewards program – You can exchange points to Airmiles which you could later convert to Asia Miles, PAL Mabuhay Miles, or airasia Rewards Points.
- Get 5 Rewards Points for every Php30 card usage on overseas in-store or online transaction
- Get 3 Rewards Points for every Php30 card usage on local online transaction
- Get 1 Point for every Php30 card usage on other transactions including purchases at supermarkets, drugstores, and gas stations.
- Get 1 Point for every Php250 Fast BillPay transaction.
- Earn Reward Points for every Php 30 spend.
- Get 3x Rewards Points on local online purchases
- Get 5x Rewards Points on overseas in-store and online purchases
- Complimentary Priority Pass™ membership
- Unlimited free access to the PAGSS Lounge in Terminal 1&3 for the Principal cardholder plus one travel companion
- Free Travel Insurance & Purchase Protection
- e-Commerce Purchase Protection of up to US$1,000 per claim per year for possible losses on online purchases which include non-delivery, wrong or incomplete delivery, or damaged purchases.
- 24×7 VISA CONCIERGE SERVICE
- The annual fee will cost you P6000
- You also get Free-for-life Supplementary Cards (maximum of 9).
Maybank Visa Infinite Credit Card
Maybank may not be as popular as other banks in the Philippines but it’s one of the few banks where you can get a Visa Infinite Credit Card. This is only exclusive though to Maybank Premier Clients.
Here’s a summary of what the Maybank Visa Infinite Credit Card offers:
- You can earn one (1) TreatsPoints for every P25 you spend and you can redeem your TreatsPoints as cash credit or for miles.
- 8,000 TreatsPoints is equivalent to P500 Cash Credit.
- 8,000 TreatsPoints is equivalent to 1,000 Miles for PAL Mabuhay Miles, Asia Miles, Enrich Miles, and Krisflyer Miles. You can also convert 2,000 TreatsPoints to 1,000 AirAsia Big Points.
- You can also get a 1% Cashback on Overseas Spend with a maximum annual cap worth P36,000 which I think is very generous in comparison with other cash back credit cards.
- Maybank Visa Infinite Credit Cardholders can now enjoy hassle-free* lounge access in the following Plaza Premium Lounge at Clark and Cebu Mactan International Airports.
- Complimentary Travel Inconvenience Insurance including AIG Covid-19 Travel Insurance Protection.
- Spend at least Php15,000* with your Maybank Visa Infinite or Maybank Platinum Credit Card and get access to golf courses in the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and other parts of the world. Also enjoy complimentary green fees, as well as 10% savings on green fees for your guest/s.
- E-commerce Purchase Protection provides coverage of up to US$1,000 per claim per year for possible losses on online purchases which include non-delivery of purchased item after 30 days of scheduled delivery, wrong or incomplete delivery of purchased item, and physical damage to the delivered item at time of delivery.
- Maybank gives you access to the Visa Infinite Exclusive Programs such as:
- Complimentary Visa Concierge 24/7 via Viber, toll-free number call, e-mail or website
- Visa Luxury Hotels at visaluxuryhotelcollection.com
- Free for life annual fee worth Php5,000 for being a loyal Maybank Premier client
EastWest Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card
This is one of the most exclusive credit cards in the Philippines and it’s only available to EastWest Priority Clients only. And to be one of their Priority Clients, there’s a certain Total Relationship Balance (TRB) that you have to maintain with the bank. The information on how much the required TRB is not available at the time of writing. Please contact EastWest Bank to confirm this information if you’re interested in availing of this card.
Here’s a summary of what the EastWest Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card offers:
- Each Php10 qualified spend corresponds to one (1) Infinite Rewards Point
- Points can be exchanged for Asia Miles, KrisFlyer miles, and Mabuhay Miles
- You can enjoy special offers, personalized services, and access to by-invitation events via the Global Visa Infinite Privileges
- Free Comprehensive Travel Accident & Inconvenience Insurance of up to Php20 Million
- VIP Airport Lounge Access – Existing Priority Clients who meet the minimum required Total Relationship Balance can enjoy up to four (4) complimentary access per year.
- Enjoy up to two (2) complimentary access per year to the Marhaba Lounge at NAIA Terminal 3 (Principal Cardholder).
- Access to Premium Perks for Elite Credit Cards
- Access to Global Visa Infinite Privileges
- Concierge Service
- Perpetual Waiver of Annual Membership Fee
By the way, please note that EastWest Bank mentions on its website that the Global Visa Infinite Privileges are provided for by Visa and may be subject to fees and charges. So, please read the Terms and Conditions before you avail of any Visa Infinite privileges just to be sure that you are aware of the corresponding cost if there would be any.
The Annual Membership Fees for your Principal and Supplementary EastWest Priority Visa Infinite credit cards are free if you’re a Priority Client.
Which one is the best Visa Infinite Credit Card?
In my opinion, when it comes to overall benefits and miles accumulation, the EastWest Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card is the best among the three.
However, it’s also the hardest one to get if you’re not a high-net-worth individual (like me). But if you can meet their required TRB, then this will be an awesome card to get.
Now, if your priority is free airport lounge access especially if you fly frequently, then RCBC Bankard Visa Infinite Credit Card is your best option since it gives you and a companion unlimited access to Skyview Airport Lounge and Club Manila Lounge.
If you frequently shop when you travel abroad, then it would be great to have the Maybank Visa Infinite Credit Card. Its cashback benefit with a high maximum annual cap on rebate which as I have said above is very generous compared to other cashback credit cards.
Final Thoughts and Some Tips Before you Sign up
Read the Terms and Conditions
Before you sign up with any of these cards, be sure to read the terms and conditions and be sure to visit the banks’ websites. This is to ensure that you have the updated information that you need.
Compare Credit Cards
Before you decide on which one to get, compare the other credit cards available in the market. Some credit cards may offer better value than others.
Be Clear on What You Need
No credit card offers everything that a single person needs. Frankly, we have a variety of needs and our needs are ever-changing as we grow older. So before, you sign up, be clear on what you need and your priorities.
Are you more interested in cashback to save some money on your regular purchases?
Or perhaps, you travel a lot because of your work, and getting a travel credit card makes better sense for you.
Once you have identified your needs, shortlist the credit cards that meet your criteria and then choose which one offers the best value.
Note: This post has been updated on October 26, 2023.Visa Infinite Credit Cards in the Philippines Click To Tweet
Do you own any of these cards? I’d love to hear your thoughts, tips, and recommendations.